Very quiet at the gym this morning, I keep waiting for the place to be packed, but so far nothing. Might be the time I go, my gym time is 6:30 – 7:30. I know from a friend that used to workout there that there is a set crew that goes from 5:30 – 6:30 and I figure after 7:30 there are people there (those that have kids or work 3rd shift, etc), maybe I’m just lucky (doubt it). Or maybe everybody will wait to sign up this weekend and the place will be a zoo on Monday. Who knows… All I know is I had a great back workout, my back workout is going to be different than the others, it will be a hybrid of size and strength. I’m happy with my back development, pretty good size, but I need to work my back strength (and grip strength to help with grip and pull exercises).
- Deadlift – pyramid (12, 10, 8, 6, 12) with weight from 135 – 255. I’ve Deadlifted over 300, but been having lower back soreness so I’m going to work slowly back up to heavier weights
- Wide Grip Pull Ups – Did a basic 5×5 on this. Going strict on these, no kipping
- One-Arm Rows – 4×8 using the same Rep-hold method I did yesterday on shrugs – on these I’m squeezing the muscle at the top of the lift when holding for about 3-4 seconds
- Core work – 50 weighted crunches with 25# plate behind my head, 25 butterfly situps, 2-45 sec planks, 25 Supermans
- Pull up bar hangs – 3-1 minute hangs – these are just grabbing the bar in an overhand grip (like going a pull up) and holding on to improve grip strength
No Cardio, but I did run a few laps on the track to warmup and then did some dynamic stretching and some lower back warm-ups (basically 15 slow back extensions).
Tomorrow I may try and get out and run, going to be 19 here in Virginia at 7am, hopefully I can get one in.