9 January 2014

Arm day – normally I don’t do arms on a specific day of the week, but with the routine I’m doing now my main goal is time – getting a quality workout in between the time I hit the gym floor and my drop dead leave time of 7:25am. The other routines I’ve done in the past were like Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, or Back and Biceps, take more time so I end up cutting the sets or exercises short (i.e. do 2 for each body part or only do 3-4 sets, etc) instead of working for a quality session.

My goals for this year is to hit 195lbs, a drop of about 10lbs, and get my body fat down to about 10%, currently about 20%. My hope is to do this all by June of this year, before my 44th birthday. So by doing the old school lifting each day, 1-2 body parts each day, and adding some HIIT sessions on those days I finish early or get to the gym early I think I can reach my goal, at least that will cover about 25% of it, the other 75%, the D word, is a post for another day.

My arm routine went like this (40 mins):

  • Barbell curls – pyramiding the weights, 15, 10, 8, 6, 12 (65 lbs – 95lbs – 65lbs)
  • Lying Incline dumbbell curls – 4 sets of 8 with 4 twists, that is 4 incline curls, then hang my arms down and twist the weight in my hands, then another 4 incline curls – 32.5 dumbbells
  • Reverse curls – 4 sets of 12 – 70lbs
  • Lying triceps extension using dumbbells – pyramiding 15, 12, 10, 8, 15 (20lbs – 27.5lbs – 20lbs)
  • Rope pushdowns – 4 sets of 12 – 75lbs
  • Close grip pushups – 2 sets of 10

My arms were toast after this routine, going to feel it in the morning.

Advertisements

About DavieO

A 45-yr old (in 2015) guy that is living down south, problem is I'm from New England. Got a wife, three kids (one with autism, the other two are twins (but neither are in curls)), and a dog. We are living the good life, just barely. I'm hoping to use this as a creative outlet, being able to write about things I see, hear, view and like and things going on in my life at that point. Could be about fitness, eating, baseball, football, kids, home, life, cooking (my other creative outlet), and anything else I find amusing, interesting, or just have a few (or many) comments on.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s